Monday, September 28, 2015

Day #14: 10% Happier

Newest Read

My newest read in pursuit of the how-to-happiness arrived today.  This book was recommended by my FLOW-based-productivity co-conspirator and brother, Todd McLees.  I have become increasingly conscious of training my brain and heart to become happier over the past 1.5 years.  I am thankful for the seedling of inspiration that was planted as I pondered the subject for my webinar through Hay House Publishing in the summer of 2014.  During that broadcast I presented the concept of FLOW, right brain vs. left brain activity, engagement of the parasympathetic vs. sympathetic nervous system, and values-based living.  Currently my goals have been redirected towards integrating the principles of Positive Psychology (who knew there was such a science - I didn't!) into the health and well-being of our U.S. Veterans.  That said, one cannot escape the persistent self-reflection that naturally flows out of the reading and self-integration of this material.  The Values-Based Living Blog has also grown from that experience, as self-exploration and understanding is a mighty teaching tool.  A book review to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment